I wanted to update you all on the crockpot recipes like I said I would. Here is the link to the original post in case you missed it: https://truerthantrue20.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/crockpot-recipes/?frame-nonce=1c385190f0
I’ve tried three of them and here are my thoughts, and I’ll share with you the recipes and the steps I took to make them-
SUPER EASY. They are all very easy to achieve and they have all be pretty good.
Buffalo Crockpot Chicken:
- You need chicken boobs, a ranch seasoning packet, and Franks wing sauce.
- First, I trimmed my chicken; this is optional.
- Next, I seasoned it with the ranch packet, I also added a little salt and pepper- again the salt and pepper is optional.
- Then, you just throw it in the crockpot and pour your wing sauce over it. I used my judgement when pouring but I used about half the bottle.
- After that is done you just turn your Crockpot on (OBVIOUSLY). I do high for about 4 1/2 hours, but you can also put it on low if you would like to do it in the morning before school/work.
I think this one is my favorite, I ate it with white rice and broccoli!!
BBQ Crockpot Chicken:
- The steps kind of follow the same as above. Minus the ranch packet and Wing sauce. Instead you use your choice of BBQ Sauce.
I have to say this one wasn’t my favorite. I didn’t care for it that much, but if you like BBQ I’m sure this one will be for you.
Salsa Crockpot Chicken:
- Again, the steps are kind of repetitive. Like I said SUPER EASY!
- For this one you use taco seasoning on the chicken, again I also added salt and pepper (optional).
- You then put a little salsa on the bottom of the Crockpot, then you lay down your chicken, THEN you pour the rest of the salsa over it.
- Again, you can use your judgement for all of the sauces. You can definitely modify these recipes to your liking.
This one is my second favorite. I again, ate this white rice. I also but corn and lettuce on the side and topped it with fresh jalapeños.
Here are the original links; (some of them have additional ingredients that I choose not to use I just kind of took the idea and made it my own. Which you can totally do with these)
If you try any of these OR have tried them already, let me know your thoughts!